Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Bike Trouble

July 21st

Today was tough day on the bike for me.  At mile 18 my chain snapped and luckily didn’t get caught in my rear wheel on its way off my bike.  I could have totaled my bike if it would have got caught!  I had to rack for 30 miles to re-rivet my chain together and get it on the bike.  I biked a total of 62 out of the 92 miles for the day and it was the first time I was off the bike for a mechanical problem.  Once I got back on the bike, it was on-and-off rain for the rest of the day.  I scouted the route for the next day when I got in and then went to the bike shop to get my chain fixed.  That night, a couple local sponsored had done a full hog roast for us and we had some of the best pulled pork that I have ever had in my life!  

No comments: