Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Bloomington, IN

July 28th

Today was a very hilly and scenic ride into Bloomington.  I crossed the 3000-mile marker today on the trip.  Looking back at the trip, I can’t believe that it has already been 3000 miles!!!! Time flies!  We arrived at Stone Belt, an organization that serves the developmentally disabled.  My parents, grandma, and Tracey greeted me at the arrival.  It was awesome to see my family after a long two months.  There were over 100 clients outside and the second that the first bike was in sight they started cheering.  It was one of my favorite arrivals because of their excitement and enthusiasm.  We had lunch with the clients and then played tons of games. 

After the friendship visit we went to the Pi Kapp house at Indiana University.  We were greeted by Dr. Summers, a 50 year alumni and past national president.  He showed us around the house and treated us to an amazing steak dinner.  That night we hung out with the guys from the chapter and then called it a night.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was awesome to see family after a long two months.



___________________
Julie
Apply now Nation wide cash