Sunday, June 7, 2009

Policies and Procedures

June 7, 2009

Today we woke up at 7 am, which is actually sleeping in compared to the rest of the summer. We headed to REI, a large sporting goods store similar to a Dick's Sporting Goods. REI donated conference rooms for us to hold our meetings in. We met about team goals, Push America advocacy and marketing, safety management plans, and policies and procedures. There are tons of policies and procedures for our trip! They will keep us very uniformed and professional throughout the journey.

This evening we met with the Arc of King County for our first official friendship visit and dinner. It was really special to visit with individuals with disabilities. I spent the entire evening playing with a young boy named "Paul." Paul was attached to my side throughout the event and was sad when I had to leave. We played games and ran around together. Tonight was really special for me and I enjoyed experiencing the true meaning behind the "Journey of Hope." I am looking forward to our other frienship visits along the trip.

We returned to our hotel and learned the "Kids on the Block" puppet show that we will be performing in different cities. This puppet show was designed to teach children how to interact with other children who have disabilities. It was a great bonding experience for our team.

Two more days until I am off on my bike! Good night!

No comments: